U11 – U14
Are you ready? Time to train!
Here’s how to use the plan:
Choose your 2 training days for the week. Try to have 1-2 days between training days.
Run 1, Strength 1 & Core 1 OR Strength 1, Run 1 & Core 1
Run 2, Strength 2 & Core 2 OR Strength 2, Run 2 & Core 2
– Warm up before training.
– Keep rest short.
– For running: use sports watch/app to measure and mark distance start and end points OR run based on time 100m = 20-25sec (use a watch or have someone time you)
– Run @70% means run at that effort level or a 7/10 effort level. So it will feel like an effort but you’ll still have fuel left in the tank for more!
– Suggested rest times are given as (__sec) or just rest for an average of 1 minute between runs.
– Track RPE, average rest, best time (if you have distance marked out)
– Cool down and stretch at the end.
Want to add some fun? Try this game for the strength or core workout:
– You will need a training partner. So challenge someone from your household to train with you!
– Both you and your partner put a hand behind your back.
– On the count of three both of you show your hand, displaying a number of fingers.
– The person showing the higher number of fingers gets to choose the exercise from the set and the number of reps/secs.
– If the number of fingers displayed is the same – try again!
– Repeat as many times as needed to complete full workout/set.